March 6, 2007

I Heart Cupcakes!

I have started a new addiction... Cupcake Blogs. Just reading them makes me happy and fills my mental tummy. They seem to satisfy my love of cake and cute in one little hand-held bite. They have also enabled me to purchase the following items from Target.

I am in love with this new JUMBO line from Wilton... take a look at Wilton's site for the entire line of Jumbo Sprinkles... NEAT!

The sprinkles on the right are also by Wilton; but were made exclusively for Target. This entire line; paper plates, napkins... it's all amazing; really bright and colorful! Look for this exclusive line in the Easter section. The other stuff was from the kitchen section; Jumbo muffin tin, Jumbo cupcake liners and those nifty sprinkles.

Now on the subject of cupcake blogs; please visit these blogs on a full stomach! Be sure to tell 'em "Sarah and the Stampstars!" sent you!

Vanilla Garlic
All cupcakes, all the time
Cupcake Bakeshop
Cupcake Frenzy
52 Cupcakes
Vegan Cupcakes
Cupcaketastic
Couture Cupcakes
GiGi Cakes
Stepped in Cupcake Batter



Yum...Magnolia.
Originally uploaded by AnnecyEmily.
What? You say you don't bake??? Well that's ok... you can get yourself a dozen yummy cupcakes from some of the BEST cupcake shops in town... Lemme know your fave in the comments below! (yummy Magnolia Bakery Pic shared on Flickr by AnnecyEmily)




Albuquerque: Cake Fetish
Beverly Hills: Sprinkles
Chicago: Swirlz Cupcakes
Glasgow: Cupcake Cupcake
Houston: The Cookie Jar Bakery
LA: Suzie Cakes
New York: Magnolia Cupcakes
Seattle: Cupcake Royale
San Francisco: Citizen Cupcake
Singapore: The Cupcake Bakery
Sydney: My Little Cupcake
Vancouver: Cupcakes by Heather and Lori

My personal fave; be sure to get the yellow cake white butter cream frosting WITH sprinkles. Find this yummy bakery in Elk Grove, IL... they also make the prettiest vintage inspired cakes. Get 2 dozen... they freeze well!
Chicago Burbs: Jarosch Bakery

8 comments:

donna said...

Thanks for all the great cupcake sites! Just found a nice little bakery in East Dundee, IL called Piece A Cake. Awesome cinnamon and pecan rolls, bread pudding and sugar cookies. Their decorated cakes are a work of art.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE to bake but I rarely make cupcakes. I think I may have to get on the bandwagon though and start! When I was in New York City a few years ago - my friends and I stepped into a bakery and they had the MOST beautiful cupcakes I had ever seen - damned if I can remember the name of the shop though. Thanks for all the yummy links!

Anonymous said...

I moved from the Chicago suburbs to California 8 years ago and the 2 things I miss most are Chicago style pizza and Jarosh bakery! Now I'm home sick! Thanks a lot! :)

AnneMarie said...

hey, did you see my cupcakes on my blog? yep, Queen V asked for them specifically- sprinkles and all!!!
I used your frosting- yummy!

Gigi said...

OMG! Thank you for mentioning my little blog! I am also a "native" from Chicago; born and raised! Again thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the hail, darlin'! Much appreciate it!

Mindy Moo said...

Thanks for the mention. Hope you get your cupcake fill when you visit.

cupcaketastic said...

Wow I'm in such good company, thanks for finding me.