March 2, 2007

Look Ma! No Stamps!

If you are like me you have a BIG jar of miscellaneous buttons sitting around. I have actually MOVED with buttons; extras sewn onto dress tags, buttons that fall off a shirt I later give to charity rather than mend... and buttons that just appear seemingly from nowhere! Who the heck is leaving these buttons all over my house? Button Pixies???

Well some of them are just so pretty... so I made them into a button bracelet! I used Stampin' Up Linen Thread to string it up... and it's surprisingly quite sturdy. I have worn this bracelet several times already and I love how the thread gets a bit more frayed and worn each time I wear it. It was quick and simple to make too.


If I didn't just get a HUGE stamp order I would have more time to make other crafts like these! I also have some projects I am working on for www.sideshowstamps.com. They have some amazingly quirky stuff; and I am making some VERY special things to show off to all of you retro lovers. I am going to start to switch things up a bit more here at Sarah and the Stampstars... more of what I love to create and less of what I think my customers and readers want to see... I hope you all stick with me! I truly LOVE blogging for you all... I am just feeling a need to create more for me and the love of creation; not just the love of Stampin' Up!... you follow?

I also want to welcome the newest member of the Stampstars team; Creative Katie! She is a total stamp addict who lost her "dealer" and decided she would rather be a pusher than a junkie! She OFFICIALLY became a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator on Wednesday, and she is so excited! Be sure to visit her blog Katemade Designs and say howdy and welcome to SU! I am so happy to have her on my team and look forward to getting to know her better!

Oh and another bit of unrelated info... several of you asked me who WON the Googley eye challenge... You can see the winners HERE. They're ok I guess... not as cute as my little tomato trapped in a box... the tomato is still "alive" by the way; I am letting him age so I can get an "old man tomato" picture of him... stay tuned!

Well I better get to bed; it's 2:00 AM here. The sky is an odd color of pink and it's windy "as all get out" here in Elgin, IL. If I had a hatch to "batten down" I would batten it... whatever that means. Off to lie in bed and watch the Weather Channel.

Help! They plan to make me into salsa!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I can't believe you & your cute little tomato didn't win! I went through the pictures without looking at who submitted them & I had yours pegged! That is too cute!

Allison Rankin said...

I am loving these pictures you are posting...those tomatoes are a riot!

Martha Bonneau said...

Your tomato guy totally should have won...can't wait to see him age!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I cannot stop laughing at the googly eye food pics. These are so great. That tomato looks terrified!

Anonymous said...

Wow, love your button bracelet! Cute!!