June 4, 2008

Craftin's Hard Y'all!

Thank god for Basic Grey chipboard files... without them this project would not have been possible. It took three days... and some hand cramps... and to be honest, I don't know why I decided to make it. Just for "fun" I guess. But it wasn't very fun. It was boring and took way too long. I would call it a labor of love... but that would mean I loved the process right???

Anywhoo... here it is in all it's glory. The sunshine mobile....

Click on photos to enlarge

Chipboard by Stampin' Up' (and me)... Paper by Daisy D's, Love Elsie, Fancy Pants and K&Company. Ribbon and twine by Martha Stewart Crafts. Vintage Buttons.

I stitched the faces on to the paper by hand before I affixed it to the chipboard.

Each chipboard piece was hand sanded and sponged with white craft ink.

The buttons were stitched prior to affixing them to the chipboard with Scotch Quick Dry adhesive. The holes were created with a crop-a-dile and secured with eyelets.


12 comments:

Stefanie said...

Wow, wow, wow! I'm so glad you made this just for fun! It is super cute and would brighten up any little girl's room.

Amy said...

Seriously adorable. Someone is going to LOVE that hanging in their room.

Marie said...

This is really cute - how creative!!!

K Hutchinson said...

OMG I love this! I want it in my room! So so creative! Rock on!

orfanannie said...

Sarah - this is adorable, but I agree just looking at it that it's way too much work. I will admire it from afar and admire you for doing it. Thanks for sharing!

Kari C said...

This is great! Even though it was hard work and boring-look how beautiful it is!! Glad you are back!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, this is A M A Z I N G!!! Definitely worth all that effort!

Jules said...

really Sarah this is just so pretty! Screams SUMMER!!!

BTW I love your hair!

Emily said...

This is totally cute!! Fun way to use up miscellaneous chipboard pieces, too!

Martha Bonneau said...

Totally woth the effort put forth! Cutest crafty project ever :)

Michele Kovack said...

This is soooooo cute!!! What a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

This has got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!!! What an inspiration .... I have tons of SU! chipboard beggin' me to create something! -Wow! - Melinda