June 22, 2007

To Make Up for the Cicada Pictures...

Something sort of funny... I don't know if there is a connection; but I had 7 people unsubscribe to my blog the day I posted the Cicada Pictures. SO I thought I should balance the icky bug energy and post some pretty bug pictures!


These pics were taken at Brookfield Zoo as well (a few weeks back); in the butterfly exhibit. The fluttery beauties were everywhere! Being there with a 3 year old was a bit frightening. Andy did his best to be VERY careful... but we had a few close calls with the butterflies... they were all over the sidewalk and a bit irresistible to Andy's curious hands. I am proud to say the Moore Family did not smash a one!

As for the Cicadas; they never hit Elgin; but my friends in Des Plaines, Park Ridge and Westmont report they are inundated! Looks like we escaped the year of the Cicada... I will be 51 years old before I have to worry about it again. :)

10 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Very nice pics! I want to get to Brookfield zoo to see the stingrays! I LOVE the butterfly house there!

Elizabeth Royalty said...

WHA!!! UNsubscribe... those people are ca-ra-zy!!! Love your blog and everything you do, and love the cicada's too!!!

IamSusie said...

Cicadas missed me in Grayslake, but man did they get'em at my parents' place in Winnetka. My son is creeped out by butterflies too.. but he doesn't surf my fave bloggers.

Michelle W. said...

I love your nature pictures! I don't care if it is butterflies or bugs- I'll look! I'm a science nerd (my title at school) so I love them! I love your blog!

Sarah said...

the cicadas were pretty icky... but the butterflies are beautiful! You take awesome pictures!

Anonymous said...

I loved the cicada pictures! Here on the West Coast, we don't have anything like them, and it was great to see real pics to go with the stories I have heard. Thanks for sharing them.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Have a nice day!

Bety :)

Vera Matson said...

I don't know why someone would unsubscribe. Guess some people are really spooked by bugs!

You're on a roll with your chipboard creations! Rudolph is my fav!

jean said...

You know what? I love the cicada photos. If you have any more please post them. We don't get them around here very much. Not that the butterflies weren't nice, but those I get to see.
I will be staying on just to see what else you've got.
jean

Libby Hickson said...

These are beautiful - I love them much better than your cicada picts... :-)