January 7, 2008

Oh, Valentine's Day....

Yay! The next BIG holiday is all about Love and Chocolate! Among my favorite Valentine's Day stamps is this set "Heart to Heart" from Lizzie Anne Designs. You can't beat a set that has the basic heart thing happening...and then some fun cool images like a heart with wings.

Oh... Before I get into the deets on these cards... be sure to check out the new releases that came out from Lizzie Anne today! Some super cute sets! I ordered up Dreaming of Dots, Out of this World the pirate and cupcake singles... I love the set "Far East" too. Check out their new look at the website too... They even have a new Chat Forum! Good times!

On to the cards...

You don't get more basic than this card... Pink and red stamped on white. I used my Key Tag Punch to make a peek-a-boo window for the sentiment.


This project is a tad more involved... The inspiration for this card was antique quilts. First I used my Scor-Pal to make a 1/2 grid on the card front. Then after a lot of sponging and aging with a series of brown inks I stamped the hearts with Real Red. The rest of this card is really about the tag... the stitching was done by first piercing the word in with my piercing tool, then I sewed the embroidery thread in by hand. I also added a little stitch through my twill tape too give it a little punch.


4 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sarah, these cards are both awesome, but I really love the tag! GREAT job on the stitching!!! Also, LOVE your new blog banner and photo! You've got beautiful eyes!

bethtrue said...

Sarah - love both cards; especially the second one. I am really into that look - love the tag and the stitching. Thanks for sharing!

Beth B. (mommy to a silly 4-yr old)

Diane said...

Gorgeous cards Sarah!!

Anonymous said...

holy cow-I have carpal tunnel just LOOKING at that tag-very cute!