December 17, 2007

Christmas Q and A

I saw this on someone else's blog and thought it was fun...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I aim to use wrapping paper, but every year I end up using gift bags at the last minute!

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. We have a cat... I can just see her drinking the water out of the tree stand... ick!

3. When do you put up the tree? I still have time right?

4. When do you take the tree down? Before Valentine's Day! :)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A pink, retroish Boom-Box... it was a cassette player... pre-CD players... Yes, I am that old.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes... I am not at all a religious person... but I think it's important for my son to be educated about all the major religions. So yes, I have a Fisher Price nativity set. I also have a menorah.

8. Hardest person to buy for? This year... maybe my husband, because he wants NOTHING.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My son... I have to restrain myself at this point to stop buying.

10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? My sister once gave me stretch-mark cream... and she was so miffed when I didn't get excited about it that she took it back!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? oh... I want to say mail... I don't think you can email a Christmas card. What would Emily Post say? But I doubt I will get cards out in time! I think this year I might be mailing Valentines instead.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life... or A Christmas Story.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In October.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? If by "recycled" you mean "re-gifted"... Heck ya!

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? As far as sweets go; my grandma's Melt-a-way Cookies. As far as savory foods go;Prime Rib with yorkshire pudding please.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Tiny colored balls.

17. Favorite Christmas song or album? "A Christmas Gift For You from Phil Spector". It's so great... Darlene Love, The Ronettes, The Crystals; what's not to love. (besides Phil Spector being so creepy nowadays!)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay HOME.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Do I really need to prove it? Ok, fine... Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen... and Rudolph... and Olive.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? An pretty hand crafted angel my mother gave me.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. How can you open gifts before Santa comes?

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I don't know... I love it all!

23. What is the “silliest” family tradition you do, or miss doing? My husband's family has the "Christmas Eve Gift". It started when my husband and sister-in-law were kids... the first kid to be the first on Christmas Eve (12:01 AM on 12/24) to shout "Christmas Eve Gift!" would get a special gift; usually something silly. Now we actually call my in-laws to try to win!

24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? I refuse to answer, as it's likely that I own and display some of the ugliest decorations ever invented.

25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? I have a homey tree... but a theme tree can be cool too.

26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? Sugar... with royal icing.

No comments: