March 19, 2007

Spring Mini Bundle!

I had a super workshop last week with a group of regular customers of mine. Here is one of the make n' takes we created. This a great month to place a workshop order with me. Look at my Specials on my Stampin' Up! Website for the scoop!

This card was made to show off the Spring Mini Bundle. By the way if you want to take advantage of this great deal you only have until the end of the month! I am so in love with these papers. I remember feeling this way about the papers from the LAST spring mini too... this is just a great season for me I guess! I love flowers, polka dots, vivid colors and paisley! Spring is just so fun!

This is really a quick card once the paper is cut/prepped. I sandwiched two 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" cardstock pieces together; Pretty in Pink and Cool Caribbean. I made a 3/4" score on the left side of the Cool Caribbean rectangle to ease the card's opening. Now that olive layer of paper... that is actually a rectangle of Petals and Paisleys Designer Paper that has been wheeled on with the Petals Jumbo Wheel in Old Olive! Looks so cool right? The punched rectangle was created with the 1 1/4" Square Punch. With the punch upside down so I could see where I was punching, I just inserted the paper in as far as it could go and punched twice. Using the paper as a guide insures a perfect rectangle!

The key tag punch worked perfect for this sentiment from the set Polka Dots and Paisley, and that element is popped up on dimensionals. I used my Paper Piercer and template to make the line of holes under the sentiment. A 1/2" hole punch was used to make the circles at the top, and punched the tiny flowers last, also in Old Olive. Another layer of the Designer Paper, White Grosgrain and Organdy Ribbon complete the binding on the edge.

2 comments:

Robin Stewart said...

super cute, great way to showcse the specials!

Linda Nicholson said...

Absolutely awesome way to showcase the special! Great card!

Linda