February 22, 2007

A Little Bit Country...

Remember those Scalloped frames I made a few weeks back with the Stampin' Up! Slit punch? Well I finally used them! I have owned this stamp set; "Best of Cluck" for almost 6 months and have not used it until now. I just thought this frame shouted "stick a chicken behind me". (and yes, my stamping supplies are talking to me again... please don't tell the men in the white coats.)

Stamps: Best of Cluck, Canvas Background, Print Pattern Background. Inks: Sahara Sand, Basic Black. Paper; Sahara Sand, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White. Accessories; Black Gingham, Slit Punch, 1/8" hand punch, corner rounder, Coluzle, Markers, White Uniball Gel Pen.

The Chicken was stamped in Basic Black; colored with Red and Black markers and then I used a White Uniball Gel Pen to make the feather speckles. A note about the SIZE of the card. This is a piece of 12 X 4 1/4 piece that was scored at the 4" mark and then at the 9 1/2" mark to achieve this tri-fold look.


This card really isn't my style... I'm not the least bit country, but I know the perfect person to send it to! Stay tuned for the "Rock and Roll" version tomorrow! (wink)

4 comments:

Colleen Schaan said...

Oh...I LOVE my chicken set...I use it all the time! This frame is so perfect...I am going to have to CASE this one.

bethtrue said...

Sarah - this is a darling "country" card - can't wait to see your rock'n'roll version tomorrow. thanks for sharing. the tri-fold aspect is very cute.

Kendra Hernandez said...

Sarah what a cute card - I am thinking I need this set now lol

Anonymous said...

That is a cute card, even if it's out of your comfort/ style zone!!!