January 25, 2008

Gak!

Well... You know "gak" is never good. Here is tonight's bad news... my laptop's screen is busted. It happened during a Lego tower related incident. My husband would like you to know it is 60% my fault, 30% the Lego's fault and only 10% the fault of our precious Anderson.

Life will go on... potty training will continue (it's day three) and unfortunately so does the other crappy stuff that has been haunting me this month... hopefully things will all resolve to normalcy soon.

At least I have been stamping! It's a busy time of year for designers with CHA right around the corner. Top that off with a big scoop of Valentine's Day and it's almost as busy as Tax season is for accountants!

Now for the stamping...

I heart Valentine's Day big time... the red and pink... the chocolate... the card making... it's right up my alley. Over at justjohanna the design team was challenged to come up with a non-card project for Valentine's Day. Here's my take... a good excuse to buy cupcakes don't ya think?

Now I can't take credit for baking these cupcakes... they are from Herb's and they are delicious! Notice how there are only five???

The toppers are made with the Stampin' Up! Scalloped punch and coffee stirrer as a stem. All the images are from justjohanna and are colored with Copic markers.


Are you still waiting for a sketch??? I know... I know. I was on such a roll too. I promise we will have one soon. The week is not over yet! Please stay tuned, and forgive me for not visiting on all your cards and commenting. I thank you all SO MUCH for participating in my challenge!

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, really cute cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

Actually, it's no one's fault. It was an accident after all. But,if we had enforced a "no-lego-or-any-hard- sharp-toy-near-the-laptop" policy it wouldn't have happened. Hindsight, of course. The good news is that I'll likely be able to repair the screen, cementing my DH status for eternity.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the lego-laptop incident but I'm glad to hear that no human was seriously injured. If your DH can fix it for you than he certainly will deserve DH status for eternity. The cupcakes with your decorative touches look yummy - I wanted to lick the screen. :-)

AnneMarie said...

love the idea of the coffee stirers!!! so smart you are!

Tip Junkie said...

You've received an award over on my site. I was inspired by your post.

Heather said...

Fab cupcakes! Can I order 2 dozen and have them delivered? Sorry about your laptop.

Karrie Baker said...

Oh my goodness, this is the cutest thing EVER!! Love it!!!

Michelle said...

These are sooo cute & yummy looking!

Anonymous said...

WWOOOOWWW, Sarah, this is REALLY great! I LOVE it! GREAT colors. You are very creative!!

xxxMarieke

T said...

Those are adorable! I think I need that scallop punch! So sorry about the laptop!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable!! The cupcakes look yummy too.

Deanna said...

Totally cute! They look so yummy!

Amooretto said...

Too cute!! I so could do this with the many stamps that I have collecting up!!! Thanks for the great tip!